Friday, October 9, 2009

Glad to see you here

   Well, as I write this 13 of you have found your way here as followers and that is a good start.  I realized on the way home that we debated the Saturday class and went back and forth on the date.  I think the best thing, after hearing from everyone, is to stay on October 31st and we'll just be out in plenty of time for the Trick or Treaters.  I will work on our classroom for that day and try to get us away from the mass of retirees who will be in the building.  Now, as for the class last night, I know that we didn't get to the model itself but I was determined to get you started on your blogs and provide some class time if you wanted it to get started.  That meant I curtailed some of what I would normally do on the first night.  We'll start right in with the model on the 20th, but you need to have read through your assigned readings and established at least a modicum of familiarity with Caffarella's model.  It is a very simple model to work with, so I'm not worried about you picking it up.  I will try to focus on discussions on each of the steps so that it relates directly to your case studies...we can use your problem sets as our discussion examples if you just think through the issues and bring them up.
   I'm very glad to see everyone a member of the Wiki...welcome Gerry...and look forward to watching your pages grow.  In order to provide you some assistance, Dr. Collins has allowed me to refer you to the Wiki she has used with her Intro class...you'll be able to view the pages, but will not be able to modify them.  Her Wiki's URL is http://www.AdultEducation.wikispaces.com and the two pages I would like you to take a look at are those on Peter Cooper and Myles Horton.  These provide you good examples of what you can do and the information on Myles Horton will be helpful in your Social Foundations class.  Have a good holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment